Thursday, December 3, 2009

Can't view my pictures on MySpace?!?

On my MySpace account, whenever someone clicks my profile picture, or "view my pics", it just takes them to MySpace's homepage!! How do I fix this?? All my pictures work fine, and I can view my albums in my edit section, and my pictures are on "public", but when me or someone else tries to view them it just takes them back to the MySpace's homepage!



Please help! What should I do?



Thanks!



Can't view my pictures on MySpace?!?

Wait it out



Can't view my pictures on MySpace?!?

How Do I Make a Myspace Profile Private



This used to be true. Up until a few months ago, you had to lie about your age on Myspace if you were over 16 and wanted to make your profile private. That was problematic, since Myspace also warns that lying about your age is grounds for having your profile deleted. It's unlikely that they will nuke you for claiming that you're 15 when you're really 16. But if you're 26 and claiming to be 15, it could appear suspicious, especially given the recent headlines about young teens and Myspace predators.



If you're over 16 and you REALLY want to make your profile private, here's how:



Login to Myspace



Click on Edit Profile



Click on Basic Info



Change the Date of Birth



Smack the Save Changes button



There's Private, and Then There's PRIVATE...



However... even if you set your age to under 16, anyone can still view your basic Myspace profile which shows the name, photo, age, location and last login of the account. The Full Profile will be marked Private, and will not be accessible to non-Myspace members, or to Myspace members over 18. (The Full Profile is the place where all profile details, the friends list, comments and blog entries are viewable.)



This is not much protection, though. ANYONE can create a fake Myspace profile, and claim to be under 18. If your privacy settings currently make the full profile viewable to "Anyone under 18 on MySpace", and you want to make the profile details visible to the user's Myspace Friends only, do this:



Login to Myspace



Click on Account Settings



Click on Privacy Settings



Now go to the bottom of the page and look for the Who Can View My Full Profile section. Choose the My Friends Only setting and click the Change Settings button. The full profile will now be visible ONLY to logged-in Myspace members who are on the account's Friends list. In other words, only other Myspace users specifically chosen to be in the Friends list will have access to the full profile of this Myspace account.



Can't view my pictures on MySpace?!?

Well it sounds like you have a problem with your link.You can edit your link to direct it to the correct location. For example, you can direct it to go to your photo album, if you know a thing or two about html. Just copy your photo album link and got into your edit details and edit the wrong link from myspace.com to your photo album.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web page host